Preparing for Class 6 English Exams? Techniques to Score Full Marks in Your Reading Comprehension
Do you find it difficult to score full marks in your reading comprehension? Want to know how to do it? This article will help you with tips and techniques on how to improve your reading and comprehension skills.
English is an easy subject to learn for many, but for some others, it seems to be a difficult one. Have you ever wondered why it is so? Learning English can be made as easy as any other subject, in fact, easier if you follow some simple steps.
Make sure you know what your portions are.
- Read through your lessons and try to understand, rather than trying to memorise the answers to every question.
- Look for extra reference materials that would help you understand the lessons better.
- Try to understand how the different grammatical structures, and components work and apply them accordingly.
- Take practice tests and work out grammar-related questions so that you have a thorough understanding of them. This will also help you to write grammatically correct sentences, and let you avoid unnecessary mistakes, which can result in the loss of marks.
- Discuss with your friends and clear each other’s doubts. Learning together is always a better learning technique, which will definitely give you better results.
Tips to Being a Pro in Comprehending Textual Passages
Are you a Class 6 student? Do you follow the NCERT syllabus? Is your English exam coming up? Here are some articles that will help you prepare well for your exams.
You can start with Who Did Patrick’s Homework? Check out Class 6 English chapter 1 for study materials and solutions to the comprehension questions given in your NCERT textbook. Before you begin working on your comprehension skills, there are some things you need to know.
Comprehension passages are a part of every English exam. It is also an area where you can score full marks, if only you pay attention to the details in the passage. Sometimes, you might have to read between the lines to find out the answer to a particular question. Not all questions would be direct, so see to it that you read the passage carefully, and at least three times before you finalise your answers. Here are some points to keep in mind when you work on comprehension passages.
- Read the passage over and over again until you completely understand what is being discussed in the passage.
- Go through the questions related to the passage and try reading the passage with the questions in mind. This would help you locate the answers.
- Another easy method to locate the answers would be to find the keywords from the questions in the passage.
- If there is a need for a supporting statement or evidence, make sure you incorporate it as well.
- Answer to the point. Give examples if required.
- Do not write incomplete sentences or provide ambiguous information.
- Conclude your answer.
Now, move on to the second chapter. Class 6 English chapter 2 will provide you with the answers to the comprehension questions in your NCERT textbook. If you feel you have understood the passage, you can move on to the next one. Like this, take time to read through the passages one by one, and comprehend how to find answers from the passage given. Practise well, overcome your fear of English exams and score excellent grades. Wishing you the best of luck.