Website design, features and contentare crucial to the website mix. However, website hosting plays a key role when it comes to the online presence and performance of a website.
A website becomes accessible to online users only when it is hosted on a server. While building a website, many site owners stumble across the website hosting part.Let’s dive deep to know more about hosting. Investinga few minutes with uswill surely guide you to get your website up and running.
What is web hosting?
Website hosting is an online service to make your website visible and accessible through the internet. When you purchase a website hosting service, you rent a space on a provider’s server to store files and images.Depending on the type and plan of the web hosting service you choose, you will get the hosting technology and resources needed for your website’s fast, reliable, and secure operation.
Different types of website hosting
Different types of websites require different types of web hosting services. You need to figure out the type of hosting that fits your needs the best.
- Shared hosting- this is an affordable and popular option for small businesses, startups, personal blogs, etc.It is like renting a room on a shared basis. A finite amount of resources like memory, CPU, disk space, etc. get shared and also the cost.
- VPS hosting –this type offers dedicated server space with a reserved number of resources to have greater control and customization as compared to shared hosting.
- Dedicated server hosting- This type of hosting is best suited for large websites with high traffic and is comparatively expensive.
- Cloud hosting- this type of hosting features dedicated resources from a network of servers to get maximum uptime and performance.
- Managed WordPress hosting- in this type of webhosting services, all technical aspects of your WordPress website will be taken care of by the service provider on an ongoing basis.
- Reseller hosting – with this type, you can create your own custom hosting packages. One can purchase a hosting provider’s resources wholesale and resell them to end customers.
Website hosting- a backbone of online presence
Webhosting not only facilitates storage space and makes it easy to build an online presence but also spells many benefits in terms of backups, security, and support. The quality of web hosting is a key factor when it comes to your website’s speed and uptime.
Choosing a reliable web hosting services provider is the key to ensuring reliable service and saving on expensive downtime. Some web hosting services providers offer additional tools like Advanced domain lookup whois and domain name search.
Let’s have a look at key considerations for choosing a good website hosting services provider.
- Available storage
- Data security
- Hosting environment type
- Customer support
Understanding web hosting and how it works is essentialto getting your website up and running. Invest your time to select a good web hosting service with web hosting plans, features and tools that suit your goals and needs the best.
Now, you are all set to make your website accessible on the internet.